Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tattoos part one



In a couple of weeks i'll have ink in the form of art permanently engraved somewhere on my sacred body. My Mother who is the owner of seven lovely tattoos has been urging me to go with my gut and get one since my eighteenth birthday (I opted for a nose piercing instead). Almost three years later  i'm still a blank canvas but only because i'm indecisive. Mostly I was afraid about the placement of the tattoo. I would often ask myself questions such as "if I get it on my arm or wrist will I be able to find a good job?"

Now i'm kinda like fuck it - we're all dead in 2012 anyway.  I might as well sow my oats will i'm young, right? 




My ideal tattoo is kind of a combination of the two dreamcatchers pictured above with a little tweaking of course. I favor the second tattoo (I like the design of the feathers) but the key on the first girl's tat is awesome so (here comes the nerdiness) I've decided to tweak the seemingly plain key into a keyblade from Kingdom Hearts. Yes, i'm a Kingdom Hearts fangirl always have been always will be.

Moving right along.....i'm partial to the Oathkeeper keyblade but there's a lot going on there so I might have to go with the original Kingdom Key or the Ultima weapon keyblade. 

Either way, i'm pretty damn excited. I just need to find a good artist to sketch it out for me. 

Oathkeeper Keyblade
Ultima Weapon



3 comments:

  1. I AM THE SAME!
    too scared to commit! have you seen this blog? www.tattoologist.com
    go there for inspiration :)
    amber xx

    www.amberandhilary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice tattoo :)
    Do you want to follow eachother?
    Kisses from Slovakia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the same exact boat. I have wanted a tattoo well multiple since I was 16 and I'm still blank 56 years later. I love the bottom tattoo you posted I have seen it before and thought it was awesome. I'm obsessed with dream catchers but I've been thinking lately of just a feather. Good luck. I'm following you. Check out my blog.

    http://swimtothestars.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete